Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lipstick and Jewels

Photo Vanessajackman.blogspot.com


Though I am moving away from all black and into a more colorful phase in my life, I still love the scene from Sabrina where Audrey Hepburn's character looking fantastically svelte in black cigarette pants and a simple black top, creates a meal for Bogart's character in his office. 

Though most of us, not looking like Hepburn, need a bit more than just simple pants and a top to look tres chic.  Key word being a bit more; lipstick and some jewels go far to snazzy up an outfit.  

I love the mix and match bright bellow bracelet with the turquoise ring in the picture above. Big bold pieces are so fun and perfect for spring time.  And you can find fun inexpensive pieces thrifting, Target (of course!), Banana Republic, J. Crew or even a kid's stores like Gymboree.  And as the pieces are often so trendy and not signature pieces you don't want to invest much in them anyway.  

I adore the lipstick used in this photo! I used it to try to match one in the grocery store yesterday with so-so results. I think I need to add a top gloss coat to get the desired results.  Maybe spring is about being dewy and less matte perhaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment