Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Back in the Game

Google and I had some issues. I posted a photo of a head of hair.  Google thought it might be linked sites that were not secure....alas, I think the issue is finally cleared up so I shall restart the blog!  Yahoo at least for me since when I put pen to paper then all these items that flood my mind during showers and in the middle of the night tend to abate.

Living on a dirt road which is often muddy road has its challenges in terms of what footwear to purchase. I love my Bogs.  I cannot say how durable they will be (probably not as great as LL Bean boots ).  But they are rubber lined with wool and have a slight bit a fashion edge.  They were fairly warm this winter when worn with wool socks and I am curious to try them out for short snow shoe outings.  I have worn them several times to feed the neighbor's cows and horse as the clean up on them is super easy.  I don't like driving in them since they are rubber the sole is slippery on the gas pedal.  So all in all I would say, thumbs up for the country living.  

Gardening also requires rubber shoes as the trek back to the house is often through wet grass or mud.  For years I have worn a pair of crocs. They are beyond gross at this point and my puppy has taken to eating small sections of them daily.  Today I just found a perfect replacement pair by Native Shoes.  They are super light and airy and look like plimsolls.  I love them!  I may even bring them to our upcoming Florida trip for the beach as I am not a flip-flip fan.

So though I love a leather sole, I do feel that rubber shoes have their space in my wardrobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment