Thursday, July 28, 2011

What is in a nickname?

Ever think about filling in an old childhood name on official documents like mortgage applications when they ask for nicknames?  Our daughter could fill in "Critter", though her list is constantly evolving mostly created by my very creative husband.  I of course had the moniker of "Suzabell" given to be my mother and "Putsy" by my Grandmother.  My mother still calls me Suzabell occasionally and I love having a special name which when used conjures up all kinds of lovely childhood feelings and memories.

What was your childhood nickname and is it still used?

2 comments:

  1. my brother still calls me Kit. makes me feel loved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although not a nickname, Kuya, is what my sisters call me. Don't know what I would do if I could hear that. So comforting. That means 'brother' in Tagalog (Filipino).

    ReplyDelete