Friday, July 29, 2011

Dark vs Light

Film is a passion of mine.  I love the feeling when I stumble upon a secret find.  I like to imagine no one else has ever seen the black and white screwball comedy from the 30's such as "The Thin Man".  In reality, the film series starring William Powell and Myrna Loy is very popular and has been viewed by millions over the years but in my mind, Nick and Nora are my very own whimsical couple to watch and giggle with when I screen the film.

In my teens and twenties I could stomach darker films.  The same period of my life allowed me to stomach darker brown ales as well such as Newcastle.  Funny as my taste in film has lightened (tears and suspense ok-violence and gore not so much).  Now I prefer a good Belgian White or recently I have acquired a taste for New Belgian Brewery's Mothership Wit along with a movie such as "The Beginners" and what better place to watch both then at a brew and view such as The Lyric Cinema?!

No comments:

Post a Comment