Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blue Cup, Red Cup

My neighbor's 6 year old had her first day of school yesterday. I asked her what happened.  She was pretty excited overall.  The biggest change though from kindergarten to first grade for her was the freedom to use the restroom when  needed. "All you have to do is place a red cup if you are a girl on your chair or a blue cup if you are a boy!"  She was pretty much ecstatic over this new development in her educational career.

I am sure the feeling of independence was important for Gillian.  But also just the freedom to go take a break from a controlled environment must be a great feeling for a kid.  I still love to shut myself in the bathroom for 2 minutes just to take a breather from life.  My husband likes to read magazines.  I personally just shut my eyes and meditate.  Where do you go for your personal 2 minute break?

How I would love it if this was my bathroom oasis!


No comments:

Post a Comment