Saturday, August 27, 2011

Off the Grid: Out of Your Mind or Bliss?


Wow less than 3 acres and you could live off grid.  I am not saying this is the answer for us all but what little things can we do to live a greener life?

 I went to the landfill this week.  That was eye opening as ever.  All of the plastic childrens' toys!  What a waste.  Personally I want to cut down on purchasing things.  That goes for medicine cabinet type stuff especially; do I really need 3 curl enhancer gels?  It is the packaging that I find most prolific at week's end in the trash.  I think the goal this year is to dramatically cut down on the amount of items purchased especially that come with plastic packaging.  At the grocery store, I already stopped using plastic produce bags. I go without (we usually eat produce quickly and we grow a fair amount ourselves) or I use these mesh bags I purchased:

Image: Simple Ecology



No comments:

Post a Comment