Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Rut

I definitely fall into a comfortable cooking rut.  It happens about every 6 months, I realize I cook the same 5 meals over and over again.  There are so many free recipes on line but there is something about spending money on a cook book or cooking magazine that drives me to be creative.  I think it is honoring the chef and the investment.  I love The Cook's Illustrated.  You can pick it up in line at any grocery store.  We have maybe 10 of the magazines we have purchased over the last several years and I am seriously considering a year subscription.  Last night I made a really great beef enchilada recipe from the May/June 2011 issue.  But the real find for me was the avocado sour cream topping.  How easy and what a great little flair to add as a topper. I slightly changed the recipe from the magazine so my version follows:

Cilantro
Avocado
Sea salt
Sour Cream
Olive Oil
Blend
yum

There really is magic for me in 5 ingredient or 5 step recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment